Waste Free Lunch Week
April 23 - 28
Purpose of a Waste Free Lunch Week: The average student produces 67kg of waste during a school year. By hosting a Waste Free Lunch Week, we hope to create awareness and decrease the amount of waste produced by students. We are hoping to encourage students to pack a lunch that contains items that can by recycled or composted; this will ensure we are reducing the amount of waste in our landfills.
How to Pack a Waste Free Lunch:
1. Start by using a reusable lunchbox
2. Use reusable containers
3. Pack juice or water in a water bottle or thermos
4. Pack stainless steel utensils
5. Use a cloth napkin
6. Pack foods both in bulk or fresh foods that have little to no packaging
7. Everything is re-sealable, so leftovers can be saved or composted.
Division Three teaches others about Waste Free Lunches.
Copyright ©2012 Tyee Elementary School